Quotes are a great way to add fun and inspirational quotes to pictures. If you are looking for unique hiking captions for Instagram, you’ve come to the right place!
Maybe you have a picture of you at the top of a mountain that took you all day to get to. You might have a cute couples picture with a beautiful overlook of the mountain range in the background. Whatever the case, a unique caption helps to highlight the picture, spark conversation, and encourage mindful thought.
These hiking quotes will help add another layer to your pictures, whether you are posting on Instagram or another social media platform!
A picture without a caption is like a book without a title- it needs a quote or a story to go along with it! Viewers want to hear about your experience, or read something that leaves them thinking about something for the rest of the day.
Sometimes, a simple quote can make the perfect caption. This list will give you ideas for just that!
Don’t forget to check out our list of hiking essentials you should always bring for a successful hike!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Unique Hiking Captions for Instagram!
After a hike, it is only natural to want to post the pictures you took. The views from hiking and the peak of the mountain are always breathtaking- and it took you a lot of hard work to get there- so you should absolutely share your experience!
Views of nature, especially mountains, make amazing additions to your Instagram feed, and friends and family love to see them (and get jealous!)
By adding a caption or quote to your picture, you are adding another layer to the experience you are painting!
If you are headed to Colorado, make sure you check out these awesome hikes in Colorado Springs!
These hiking captions for Instagram will help you add the perfect quote to match your picture to create a thought-provoking or inspirational post!
- Your faith can move mountains. Your doubt can create them
- The best view comes after the hardest climb
- To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles
- A walk in nature walks the soul back home
- It’s not the mountains we conquer, but ourselves
6. Among the clouds we shared a cup of tea, the mountain and me
7. Think outside. No box required
8. Needed a change of altitude
9. Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence
10. I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees
11. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going
12. It’s not where you go, but who you go with
13. Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it
14. Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing
15. You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you
16. The hardest mountain to climb is the one within
17. A little more altitude, a little less attitude
18. The sea tells you everything will be fine. The mountains tell you it doesn’t matter anyway
19. A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step
20. All good things are wild and free (Check out our budget hiking tips here!)
21. No matter how tall a mountain is, it cannot block the sun
This is one of my absolute favorite hiking captions for Instagram. It is such a great reminder that no matter how big your obstacle is, it can never block you from reaching your goal!
22. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all
23. The earth has music for those who listen
24. The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain, he is inspired by it
25. Cover the earth before it covers you
26. If you’re on the right path, it will always be uphill
This is another one of my favorite hiking quotes. Often times, what is the right choice or the right path to take is the one that is uphill. And, if you are on a path that is going uphill (or one that is difficult), it is likely the right choice for you!
27. Leave the road. Take the trails
28. On a date with the mountains
29. It is better to master one mountain than a thousand foothills
30. If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet
31. If you think you’ve peaked, find a new mountain
32. Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was
33. And into the mountains I go to lose my mind and find my soul
34. The summit is what drives us up, but it is the climb itself that matters
35. Going to the mountains is going home
36. I climb mountains so I can see where the sun sleeps
37. Nature is not a place to visit. It is home
38. Don’t let the fear of falling keep you from climbing
39. The ones who climb the mountain don’t wait for permission. They just start walking
40. I am never lost in the mountains. It is where I find myself
41. You can’t move mountains by whispering to them
Funny Hiking Captions for Instagram
If you are looking for some less serious hiking captions for Instagram, the following quotes are for you! These hiking quotes are funny and witty, and will make everyone laugh!
Not every post needs to be inspirational or thought-provoking. Sometimes, you just want to share the fun times you had, but need a fun caption to go with it! This section will give you tons of funny ideas to add to your picture!
Don’t forget to read these tips for preventing altitude sickness, especially if you are climbing a very high mountain!
42. I don’t get it. The trail looked so flat on the map
43. I hike to burn off the crazy
44. Someone told me to take a hike, so I did
45. Go hiking. Worst care scenario you have to eat your friend
46. Hiking is just walking where it is ok to pee
47. I hike a lot. I don’t Everest
48. Mountains aren’t funny- they’re hill-areas
49. I chose the road less traveled and now I don’t know where I am
50. It’s all fun and games until you hear a twig snap behind you
51. Hiking: Because punching people is frowned upon
52. Hike in groups. Bears like to have options
53. It might look like I’m listening to you, but in my head I’m hiking
54. Hike like there’s a bottle of wine at the top
55. Take a hike? Don’t mind if I do
56. Always hike with someone in worse shape than you. The bears will know
57. If you ever disappeared while hiking, I’d remain with the search party until it started to rain
58. You don’t have to be crazy to hike with us. We can train you!
59. Let’s get high
60. It’s bad manners to keep a hike waiting
61. Life is short. Call in sick and take the hike!
Hopefully this list gave your plenty of hiking captions for Instagram that will add the finishing touch to all your beautiful pictures!
If you need some tips to taking pictures while hiking, check out this guide for taking the best selfies! This way, you can take your own pictures while hiking, so you don’t have to ask a stranger (plus, you’ll get tons of fun and cute candid photos!)
Don’t forget to grab your hiking log book before you leave so you can keep track of all the hikes you’ve taken!