If you are taking a road trip, there always comes a point in time where the conversation starts to die off and you start getting bored. These questions for a road trip will help you pass the time and get to know each other a little better!
Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out what to talk about, especially if you are on hour 7 in the car and you’ve already listened to the same playlist 3 times.
Especially if you are driving through the night, you might want to keep talking to each other so you keep the driver awake and alert!
But, as a passenger, you might get sleepy and run out of things to talk about.
Along with these questions for a road trip, make sure you check out these road trip essentials so you can be well prepared for your trip!
Additionally, make sure you stock up on these amazing road trip snacks and meal ideas because everyone loves road trip snacks!
I will split these questions up between questions for adults, couples, families, and kids, so you can choose between what kind of questions you are looking for!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Be sure to sign up for these FREE Road trip bingo boards! You’ll also get FREE license plate bingo boards and road trip word searches!
Don’t forget to grab your road trip planner!! Over 10 pages to help keep you organized and ready for anything on your next road trip! Click here for more information on the road trip planner, or click the image above!
Questions for a Road Trip: Adults
Here we will list some questions for a road trip for adults! These are great questions for both younger and older adults to help spark meaningful and fun conversations.
- Have you ever gone skinny dipping? Explain your story!
- Share one of your funniest drunken memories
- Who’s the most famous person you’ve ever met?
- Have you ever broken the law? What did you do?
- If you had one day to spend 1 million dollars, what would you buy?
- If you had to be on a reality TV show, which one would it be?
- Would you rather not shower for a month or not use the internet for one month
- Have you ever had a ghostly encounter? Explain!
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without showering?
- What are some of your least favorite words?
- What is the longest you’ve gone without sleeping?
- Would you rather be a garden gnome or an elf on the shelf?
- What was the worst gift you’ve ever received?
- Would you rather never eat chocolate again, or never drink coffee again?
- What was the worst sunburn you’ve ever had?
- Name your top 3 favorite songs
- Describe the most interesting person you’ve ever met
- If you had to cook for 100 people, what would you make?
- If you could be friends with any celebrity, who would it be?
- What is the most dangerous thing you’ve ever done?
- What is the funniest way you’ve gotten hurt?
- Share your funniest college/high school memory
- Would you rather never drink wine again or never drink beer again?
- Have you ever gone to work hungover? Share your experience!
- Have you ever been drunk at work? Explain!
- Have you ever done anything “rated R” at work?
Are you making these road trip mistakes? Most travelers are! Click the image to learn more!
Questions for a Road Trip: Couples
These questions are perfect for couples both new and old! You can never possibly know everything about your partner, so parse through this list and see if there are questions you want to know about your partner!
- What household chore do you hate the most? Which one is your favorite?
- If you could learn any language, what would it be?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What are some of your guilty pleasures?
- What is your favorite thing about me?
- If you had to choose, what celebrity would you allow me to cheat on you with?
- What’s your secret fantasy?
- Describe your dream home together
- Envision 5 years from now. What do things look like? 10 years from now?
- What is your life story in 30 seconds?
- What is your best relationship advice?
- Tell me about your worst date you’ve been on
- What is the strangest habit you have?
- What do you love most about our relationship?
- What is your biggest turn on?
- What is one snack we always need to keep in the house?
- What is the most annoying sound in the world?
- Where is one place you will never go with me?
- What are your biggest deal breakers?
- Describe your dream wedding day
- What are your biggest pet peeves?
- How long do you think you should date before getting engaged/married?
- Do you think couples should live together before marriage?
- Who is your role model for healthy relationships?
- Where do you see yourself when you retire?
Questions for a Road Trip: Families
Taking a family road trip? These questions are perfect to get your family talking about what is most important to them and what they value! They will help bring your family closer together, instead of bickering the entire car ride!
- What is your favorite holiday tradition we do as a family?
- What do you wish we did more of as a family?
- Let’s give each other fun nicknames
- If we could only have one dinner for the rest of our lives, what would you pick?
- If we could have any animal as a pet, what should we pick?
- Would you rather go camping or on a beach vacation?
- Would you rather have no WiFi or no hot water for a week?
- What would your dream home look like?
- Let’s say we start a new family tradition. What should it be?
- What do you think we do best as a family? What can we all work on together?
- If we could all go on a date night together, where would we go?
- What do you love about our home?
- Do your best impression of mom/dad
- What does your perfect day look like?
- Where should we all go on vacation one day?
- What is the funniest thing you’ve ever seen?
- What should our new WiFi name be?
- What would you do if we didn’t have internet for a week?
- Let’s make up our own language
- If you were president, what would you do first?
- If you had $5 to spend at the Dollar Tree, what would you buy?
- What should we do more of as a family?
- Do you look more like mom or dad?
- If we could all do one activity as a family (like a sport, hobby, etc.) what should we do?
- What would you do if our house shrunk to half its size?
Bringing your dog with you on your road trip? Make sure you read this! Click the image to read more!
Questions for a Road Trip: Kids
These questions are great to ask younger children to help keep them occupied. They are silly, fun, lighthearted, and will definitely spur some laughs!
- What is your favorite kind of donut?
- What’s better- baths or shower?
- What’s better- Christmas or your Birthday?
- What is your favorite kind of cereal?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Would you rather be able to fly or breathe underwater?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could be invisible for one day, what would you do?
- What is the silliest thing you can possibly think of?
- If you had a genie, what would you wish for?
- Demonstrate your craziest laugh
- If you had a parrot, what would you teach it to do or say?
- What is your biggest fear?
- If you had your own planet, what would you name it? What would it be like to live there?
- If you could change any rule, what would it be?
- If (your pet) could talk, what do you think he/she would say?
- What would you want to be famous for?
- Everything is free for the day. What do you do first?
- Show me your funniest face
- Talk in your best accent
- Would you rather have a dog or cat?
- Would you rather have a new bike or a new Xbox?
- If you had to pick one outfit to wear all the time, what would it be?
- If you could be friends with any TV character, who would it be?
- If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
- You get to pick the meals for a day. What are they?
Thanks for reading our questions for a road trip! Make sure to sign up to receive your FREE road trip games!