Sometimes in life, we just need a little kick in the rear to get us going. It is easy to fall into a slump, let ourselves go, or just lose motivation. This glow up challenge list will guide you in becoming your best self in just 30 days!
Now, other monthly glow up challenges throw 30+ tips at you all at once like, drink 10 glasses of water, don’t stress, and exercise for one hour a day- like that’s so easy. Don’t worry. This glow up challenge list will take things slow, but productive.
Having too many rules and tips to follow all at once is not going to lead you to success. Taking a few tips here and there and implementing them into your daily routines will lead you to your best self.
That is why this challenge is set up to not be “completed” just once. Becoming your best self is a lifestyle. You can’t get it all done in just one month, and that’s okay!
Keep in mind this challenge is not a glow up in the sense of becoming “prettier”, because you are already beautiful enough. This challenge is about being more kind to your body, listening to your needs, adopting healthier habits, and getting sh*t done!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Glow Up Challenge List: How Does it Work?
In order to get the best possible results in the glow up challenge, you need to be committed to doing it monthly. This is not a one and done kinda deal! Your best self is waiting, but you need to work to find her!
I challenge you to choose 4 tips, one from each category: Fitness, Health, Self Care, and Productivity. These will be the 4 things you work on each month.
4 tips is a reasonable amount of habits you can implement in the timeframe of one month! If not, you can try again next month. For example, let’s say you mastered 3/4 of the skills from one month. The next month, you can keep working on that 4th skill, and just add 3 new ones!
Each month you will carry over the skills learned from the previous month. As the months go on, you will have developed tons of new skills and habits that will lead you to your best self!
Fitness Habits to Improve your Health
The fitness habits you adopt are going to be completely different depending on your goals and needs. Some people’s next step in their fitness journey might be running a marathon, while others might just be getting started: and that’s okay!
Wherever you are with fitness, look at it realistically. What are you actually doing right now? Where do you want to be? And finally, How can you get there?
Once a month, I challenge you to pursue just one of these fitness goals, whichever one fits your current needs. You can continue working on it next month, or you can level up and move to a more advanced goal!
Keep in mind, you can alter these goals depends on your needs. For example, how many days a week you do them, or for how long.
- Take a walk at lunchtime
- Take a walk after dinner
- Start a yoga routine
- Go 5 minutes longer on the treadmill
- Workout one more day each week
- Beat your personal record on ___
- Sign up for a gym membership and go ___ a week
- Run your first 5K
- Go for a bike ride ___ days a week
- Do more stretching
- Sign up for a ____ class
- Play a sport or join a league
- Get ____ steps a day
- Sign up for a home fitness program like Beachbody or Peloton
- Hire a personal trainer
- Start counting your macros
- Lose __ pounds
- Hold a 1-minute plank
- Do 1 pull up
- Do 1 push up
- Perfect your form when doing a ___
- Walk/bike to work instead of driving
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
Simple Health Tips to Practice Daily
The second habit you should adopt for on our glow up challenge list has to do with your health. In our busy lives, it can be so simple to let our health fall to the sidelines. However, our health is all we’ve got, so we need to take time to prioritize it!
Again, these goals and habits will be different for everyone, as we are all in different places with our health and have different needs. Feel free to adjust these goals (or create your own) as needed!
Again, choose one of these goals to tackle this month!
- Drink __ glasses of water daily
- Go to the doctor to get that thing checked out
- Limit fast food intake
- Go to bed an hour earlier
- Eat more vegetables (or fruit)
- Get some fresh air on your lunch break
- Start taking vitamins
- Drink less alcohol (maybe 2 drinks instead of 3)
- Reduce your caffeine/coffee intake
- Floss every night
- Eat vegetarian one night a week
- Reduce smoking
- Reduce your screen time
- Skip your morning stop at the drive-through before work (except maybe make Friday’s an exception!)
- Cut out soda in your diet
- Add fresh fruit or veggies to your water
- Reduce the sugar in your coffee
- Cook at home one more night per week than usual
- Try a new healthy recipe once per week
- Try to stand up every 20 minutes (especially if you work at a computer)
Self Care Challenge
Self-care is something I’m sure we can all work on. It is so easy to get caught up in all the hustle and bustle of the day: work, kids, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. The list goes on and on!
However, it is important to remember that you come first. You cannot help anyone else if your bucket is empty. Fill your own bucket!
Again, this might look different depending on your needs. Self-care for one person might mean a huge bubble bath with rose petals and rose (ok that sounds pretty nice!), while self-care might mean just cuddling up with a good book for someone else.
Whatever you gotta do to calm your mind, do it! Here are some habits you might wish to adopt this month:
- Use a vacation day and give yourself a day off
- Sit outside by yourself on your lunch break
- Spend an hour a week practicing (or learning!) your passion
- Recite a positive affirmation in the morning
- Meditate for __ minutes a day
- Learn to meditate
- Practice yoga
- Journal __ times a week
- Plan a vacation
- Schedule a massage
- Schedule a pedicure/manicure
- Do an art project
- Talk to someone you love
- Create a playlist of music you love
- Buy yourself the most amazing scented candle and light it before bed
- Write 3 things you’re grateful for daily
- Get a foot bath
- Get more sunshine during the day
- Unplug from technology ___ a day/week
- Do the morning crossword at breakfast
- Improve your skincare routine
- Repair a relationship
- Spend more time with your pet
Productivity Goals to Get Things Done!
Now that we’ve taken care of our body and mind, let’s talk about productivity. As part of any good glow up challenge list, you’ve got to get some stuff done!
Sure, you can have the best fitness, health, and self-care in the world, but if you are not doing anything, well, what are you doing?!
Chances are, that is not the case for you, so I challenge you to add one productivity goal this month. Here are some ideas that can help inspire you!
- Declutter your closet & donate some old clothing
- Check one thing off your do-to list daily
- Create a to-do list for the month (then actually do it)
- Schedule your week on Sunday nights
- Set a cleaning schedule to keep your home tidy
- Schedule your meals for the week
- Clean out your filing cabinet
- Clean out your car
- Delegate tasks to others
- Start a side hustle
- Work on professional development or just learn something new
- Read a new book
- Listen to podcasts on the way to work
- Create or revise your budget
- Volunteer somewhere you are interested in
- Do that home project you’ve been putting off
- Schedule appointments you’ve been neglecting
- Update your resume
- Watch a documentary
- Start learning a new language
- Create weekly/monthly/yearly goals
- Wake up an hour earlier
- Create a better morning routine
- Create a better nighttime routine
Self Improvement Motivation
So you’ve got your 4 habits you will adopt this month- congratulations! That is the first step to a true glow up. The next part is where the work comes in, and I won’t lie- it will be difficult at times!
There might be days you want to give up, lack motivation, or just flat out don’t care anymore. If that sounds like you, you are already doing the right thing by challenging yourself with the items on this glow up challenge list!
It might be helpful to write down your monthly habits, and place them somewhere you will see everyday like on the mirror, fridge, or in your closet.
Remember, you are the only one who can make these changes. You could give up, but you don’t want to. That’s why you’ve read all the way down to this point!
So get out there, crush some goals, and make yourself proud!